Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Prayer

Does Prayer Work?

I am not questioning whether or not God exists, but whether or not prayer works?  I know with all my heart that God exists.  I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.  I believe that He died on the cross for my sins.

But, it is also my belief that our lives are pre-determined.  Maybe not every detail of our lives, but the Lord knows what we are going to do lifetimes ahead of when we do it.  So everything is already laid out for us and the decisions we make have essentially already been made.

When we pray, we are usually asking God for something.  We ask for new jobs, more money, winning the lottery, better health and just to continue to look over us in our day to day lives.  When we pray, God listens to our prayers.  Obviously, He decides what to answer and what not to.  Would He modify our 'life path' due to our prayers?

On the other hand, He already knows what we will pray for.  He already knows which prayers will be answered and which will not.  It has all been laid out.

So I ask again.  Does Prayer Work?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. It's been almost 20 weeks since my 23 year old son died suddenly and every second has been a struggle.
    I've been searching online for blogs and websites by and for bereaved parents. I've collected them all into one site for convenience and I've added your blog.
    http://www.scoop.it/t/grief-and-loss
    Other parents will be able to read about Mason and perhaps you'll find blogs by other parents that resonate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've taken a look at several blogs on your site. Thanks for bringing them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to help. I just wish that none of us ever had any reason to be interested in this at all. We all want our previous and innocent lives back.

    ReplyDelete