Friday, September 14, 2012

Ending it all

Suicide.

Can you think of any reason you would do it?

Can anything in this world be so bad that you would take your own life?

I believe the answer to that is yes.

For the first time, I can understand how people can get to such a low place that they can do the unthinkable.

I am fortunate in the fact that I have a very supportive family.  I know that I can go to them with anything and they will support me or just listen to me.

I am also fortunate that I have my loving wife and daughter.  It's strange that a toddler can keep an entire family together.  I have held it together (for the most part) because of her.


Mason absolutely adored her.  I wish he could be here to see her now.  He would be amazed at how much she has grown.

I know, without a doubt, that I am better off right now because of her.  If it hadn't been for the responsibility of taking care of her needs, I'd be completely lost.  Maybe in the bottom of a bottle.  Maybe sleeping on a cardboard mat under an overpass.  Maybe dead.

Now, I don't want everyone who reads this (both of you) to over react and try some kind of intervention.  I'm not suicidal.  This post was about understanding.  I can understand how people would be driven to do things that are unimaginable to others.

I Love You Mason.  I Miss You.

2 comments:

  1. I understand too. My girl is gone and the pain is horrific. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could write words that would make us all feel better, but those words don't exist. Hang in there, all will be right some day.

    ReplyDelete