Tuesday, July 3, 2012

COD

We got the call today.  Finally found out what the Cause Of Death was.

Severe Coronary Artery Disease - due to transplant, or Coronary Allograft Vasculopathy.

He had been having little spells for the last few months of his life.  Mason tended to be overly dramatic about most things, so we never really knew how bad it was.  He would have spells where he would get really dizzy and nauseated.  He'd go vomit and 2 minutes later, he was back to his old self.  Jumping and bouncing off the walls like a wild man.

He had his annual biopsy just this past October.  He was 9 years out.  Biopsy results looked great.  Again.  Just like they always had.

Evidently, this SEVERE CAV comes on rapidly. Even if we had known what it was, we probably could not have done anything about it.  We could have taken him in to the hospital and he would have spent the majority of his last few months on this earth in the hospital, instead of with us.


I'm glad I didn't know.


I wish I would have known.


Oh, Mason.  I am so very sorry I didn't protect you like I was supposed to.  I failed.  I am so very sorry, son.  

I Love You.

I Miss You.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment